Summer Strength Challenge Recap:
I signed up for this competition with one goal in mind… I wanted to see where I stood in the world of strong CrossFitters (both physically and mentally). To be honest with you I had no expectations for myself. I had recently done well in a competition that required a great engine and little strength, but I needed to test myself in a setting that required the engine and the strength. Level 10 CrossFit’s “Summer Strength Challenge” was the perfect setting for this. This competition is full of nothing but amazing athletes that I respect and look up to.
First of all… here’s a list of the 4 workouts that each competitor had to complete:
“Floater WOD” (to be completed between dedicated hours during the day):
3 wall climbs (6’6″/5’6″)
6 tire flips (450/250)
9 deadlifts (315/195)
3 minute time cap
250m … Read More »
Event: Moxie Madness Throwdown
Date: Septmeber 1-2, 2012
Competitors: Rachel Romandia, Webster Kim, Gerald Wallace, Roberto Morales
When I first signed up our gym to be a part of this competition I had one goal in mind: It’d be an awesome experience for some of my newest members! Never did I think it would be a chance for CFN to showcase its talents (that’s not saying I didn’t have faith… I just figured it would be more of a learning experience rather than a chance for me to lose my voice with excitement!). This weekend proved to be just that.
Saturday started off with a pretty simple workout that I knew our four competitors would crush. Unfortunately for us, we had the laziest bunch of judges around. Regardless of how terrible our judges were at keeping track of our reps and letting … Read More »
I recently came across a little post by FletcherFitness on 20 signs of a typical crossfitter. Everyone of these steps is hilarious and spot on. I am still guilty of step 13 and I am working hard on #12.
20 step story of a typical crossfitter
1. Hear about CrossFit through someone that is annoying and obsessed.
2. Attend a Free class…and one of two things happen – you love it & you are hooked already (skip to #6) OR…
3. Still very skeptical, go back to the couch or your regular way of training… but…whether you like it or not, can’t stop thinking about & hearing about CrossFit and all those fit, amazing, fun people.
4. Come back again, start asking more questions & poking around at the equipment.
5. Check out some links online, one thing leads to another & hrs pass by.
6. Join … Read More »